So, Did you recently change your name on the Facebook and felt regret on it. Or you are the back at your old profile and just realize how stupid you were when you actually used the name of that Facebook account. Well, Now this article is all about on “how to change your name of Facebook 2018“.
So, Facebook actually takes its users identity and all the personal details and pretty seriously these days and also want all of it users to be authentic and just want to make sure that all the active accounts are an authentic representation of real person, organization, and if i want to say a brand etc.
So, Now by keeping this thing in your mind Facebook has just imposed lots of reasonable limits on how actually a user can select their Facebook “Once” in every 60 days. I know, this actually sucks. But if i want to say it’s very good and they have imposed these settings, just because lots of the users might just try to impose as a different person and then put them in a very different harassing situations online. And as we all know, they actually maintain a good online reputation is as an important as to in real life these days. So this is what they do.
So Now, in this tutorial, Here i will be discussing about the Facebook’s guidelines for just naming a Facebook profile, and by just changing your Facebook account’s name before and after the 60 days time limit, so let’s just get started.
But now before doing that, Some of the main important guidelines you should just keep in the mind and you need to follow them very particularly.
- Some Symbols and special characters which are actually not allowed.
- And there it should represent your real name, as you just might be asked to verify that name in the future for security purpose.
- Offensive language, and the other text cannot be actually used.
- And the other different Nicknames and have different place and option on Facebook, so the main primary name of the account has just to be your real name.
How To Change Your Name On Facebook: Before The Limit
So, If you have never just changed your profile name and now you have decided to just get change it, and that is really so easy and it doesn’t take much more time and no more than a few clicks away.
- Login into your Facebook account.
- So, now navigate to the top right of the home page and then just click on the little arrow and now that looks something just like this.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Now you should go to “General Account Settings”.
- Now just Click on “Edit” and from there right next to the option that which reads as “Name” and which just holds your current account’s name.
- Now these options will actually helps you in windows unlocked thing and here you will be asked to enter your First name, (optional) Middle Name, Last name and also “Other Names”. and the Other names which appears in your profile, inside() just like beside your profile’s Name.
- And after you enter all the information. you need to enter your desired name, then click on “Review Change”. Now this actually allows you to see the name and that will be used all over Facebook for your account and also it asks you to enter your account password. so try to enter the correct password.
- So, If you think if everything is alright, then just go ahead and then just click “Save Changes”.
- And just give it few moments for the changes to take the effect.
Now, this is how you can actually change your Facebook’s account name and if you are doing it for the first time.
So what if you made a type of error in your name and misspelled it, so it will definitely does not feel right to use the account and with a wrong or a misspelled name that does not make any sense. And with in the 60 days limit by Facebook, that makes the matter more even worse.
So, Just let us look at some of the other ways that which you can try to Change Name on Facebook within 60 days limit.
Also Check How To Hide Last Name On Facebook
How To Change Name On Facebook Within 60 Days Limitation
Now, To change your Facebook name more than once within in 60 days in 2017, so actually there are two ways you can try to change it the way you want.
Now the First case, if you have recently changed your account name and if you wish just want to change it back to the other different names that which you have used for the account.
Now in the second way, you might get typo error, or Some of the similar kinds of problems and you just want to update that to your real name.
Now in this case, here you might want to report to Facebook as if your account has been recently went through an unauthorized access and also this leads you to confirm some of the unknown changes that were made to your account and that might have taken the place while it was accessed by someone else without your permission. so take care of that.
And this actually includes a recent name change, and so all you need to is just select a name and in that to use for the account from the drop down list.
- Now follow me, Just go to this link:
- Here you will be asked to enter your account’s password.
- So Enter your password and you will be redirecting to a bunch of different security procedures.
- And Here you might also have to enter a new password.
- And then finally you will find a dialog box and that will ask you to confirm if the most recent name change was actually done by you or not. verification.
- And from the drop list, you can just select the name that you actually wish for and which you want to use for your account and then just click continue.
- And after through other required procedures (If any) like your name should be successfully changed.
And going through the second one, here if you misspelled your name, or let’s say your friend pranked you and has entered a really hilarious name. Well, then also there is still a way and that will allow you to change your Facebook account’s name despite the 60 days barrier.
But for doing all this things you will have to follow the following resources ready with you and before you get into the procedure.
- Here you need to carry a JPG. png or any supported image format file of your identity card with your photo that which resembles with all the photos on the Facebook account and your name. and all these credentials should be very easily readable by anyone from the image file.
- Firstly, just go to this link:
- Now on the page, enter the desired New First name which you wish for and the last name.
- Under “Mention the reason for the change”, and select the one best suitable reason. We also recommend “Legal Name Change” and if your name changes then it’s legit.
- Under “Your ID (s)”, then just click on “Choose file” and then just select the scanned copy of your Identity Card’s on “Then Choose file” and then again select the scanned copy of your Identity card’s scanned copy.
- And after everything is once done, then just click on send button.
So, On reviewing your request, if Facebook thinks that everything is legit and your request to change your name on Facebook sounds like reasonable for them, then for sure it will react very fast and approves your request and then change the account’s name according to the one you which requested in the name change request form.